Friday, January 13, 2006

Pragmatism

Well, I got through vacation with limited success regarding the subject of my last post. However, God did help me recognize some stuff. I seem to be most consistent with my devotions and time with the Lord when something is coming up where I am going to need to lean on God for success. If I have an event approaching where I am preaching or I am specialling at a corps, I don't miss. But if there isn't anything scheduled, I slack off.

As I thought about it, it seemed to me that it may fall more into the category of pragmatism rather than a vibrant relationship. The more I thought about it, the more I came to recognize this in other areas of my life as well.

There is nothing like vacation to bring perspective. Praise God for his patience as I figure out this thing called life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home