Monday, January 16, 2006

Toe on the Line


Alright, a little insight into the name of my blog. I just got back a little while ago from playing basketball. I try to play a few times a week in the morning at a local rec center. They really are a great bunch of guys. The problem is that they really know how to play, and me . . . well, some of you have had the unfortunate luck to have had to witness that!

Anyway, the one thing I admire most about their game is their ability to shoot the 3 point shot. (Careful though, 3 point shots are a touchy subject for me right now due to the Cleveland Cavalier's inability to hit one lately - but I digress).

The point is, that every so often, I give it a go and try to launch one of those prestigious bombs. And just the time I actually sink one, I look down and realize that I had a "Toe on the Line."

My thoughts seem to follow a similar road. Just when I think I have hit a deep one, I notice my proverbial "Toe on the Line."

2 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Larry said...

My jump shot is gone. I have become a pass and defense guy.

I agree we all have a tendency to not go deep enough. Someone once said "That God's desire is not for the church to be a group of talented people or hard-working people. His desire is for the church to be a group of deep people."

Go deep brother! Don't be scared to take two more steps back and score the big one.

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Christopher Hinzman said...

I like trying to figure out blog names. But I couldn't get yours lol, thanks for the insight. :) My name on here is taken from Psalms.

You are always welcome in our gym if you would like, only your situation from being the inexperienced one on the court would have turned around, haha.

Well I guess that depends on if you come to our open gym program or not, we get some good basketball players in there sometimes!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home